Productivity in GeoMedia 6.1
Posted by jeffhobbs on August 29, 2007
At this point, I’ve covered what I think are the majority of the "core" feature upgrades. One final thing I did want to cover on the issue was general productivity. Although I don’t have any numbers to quote, here are a few of the productivity enhancements that have been highlighted:
- Updated Oracle data server – With this new data server, graphics are supposed to draw much faster
- Updated spatial filter command – Filtering performance has gone up dramatically
- A new selection tool – Where before you could only select in a square/rectangular fashion, you now have a polygonal select option as well
- Geocoding tools – They’ve rolled the geocoding engine into the core product (no longer an expansion pack)
- New Construction Aid – You can now place a deflection angle construction aid
Additionally, the move command now supports construction aids as well
- Picklists – Picklists can now be used in the data window
- Categories – Categories have been implemented throughout the application. As opposed to 6.0 where Categories where in most of the product but were still missing from certain area
- Keyboard navigation with the QuickPick command
- The define symbol utility can now be used in batch
I haven’t had a chance to use the beta in quite sometime. However I believe I’ve covered the majority of the key points on 6.1 that I’ve read about or personally experienced. We’ll be organizing a GeoMedia Pro 6.1 product launch through NCIGUC once 6.1 is released to manufacturing (hopefully sometime soon). Once we have the launch, I’ll be able to provide additional information.
9 Responses to “Productivity in GeoMedia 6.1”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.